- French festival on Saturday, 25th March
- Family Anime Festa 2017
- New Zealand Will Give You a Free Trip If You Agree to a Job Interview
- Here’s your chance to make a difference in the lives of children
- Trainwreck (2015)
- My Life As A Zucchini
- Cate Blanchett plays CAROL
- Still Alice
- Collateral Beauty
- Fun events at Huis Ten Bosch This Spring!
- UME FESTIVAL
- Family Fun at the ISSH Family Festival
- Tokyo Marathon, Feb 26
- LA LA LAND
- The Meddler
Cate Blanchett plays CAROL
CAROL will haunt you with its tale of love denied and forbidden and a woman’s quest to live authentically while facing social prejudices and bigotry that force her to make a difficult choice.
Director Todd Haynes, as always, works with a saturated, Douglas Sirk-ian palette, but its vibrancy is dimmed here by a layer of melancholy — an apt choice, given the storyline.
Blanchett and Rooney make a powerful pair, perfectly matched like a veteran duo partnering up for an intricate and challenging ballet. And as Carol’s best friend/former lover, Sarah Paulson gives a master class in grounded acting; in fact, almost everyone in the film comes across as a fully embodied person, neither caricature nor over thought character. And they’re all supported by a potently rendered, empathetic script that’s both achingly beautiful and hauntingly painful.
Age 16+ Out Feb 18