- New Years Musical Concert 2017
- Stars On Ice: Japan Tour 2017 New Year Special Edition
- USS INDIANAPOLIS: Men Of Courage
- AMITYVILLE: The Awakening
- RESIDENT EVIL: The Final Chapter
- Tsukiji Fish Market unveils premium maguro cut in Jan 2017
- Asakusa’s New Year’s Eve tradition
- The Meddler
- Florence Foster Jenkins
Edamame which literally means ‘beans on branches’ is a favorite summer snack in Japan from July...
More Japanese culture News
The rules of bowing in Japan
The Japanese people are known to be polite in speech and action. Social etiquette...
- Posted December 15, 2014
Japanese gift-wrapping techniques
When it comes to giving holiday gifts, presentation is everything. For the Japanese who...
- Posted December 3, 2014
The games we play s mother to a 6-year old, I spend a...
- Posted October 9, 2014
Honne and Tatemae
The concepts of tatemae and honne are deeply embedded in the Japanese psyche. Many...
- Posted September 10, 2014
Crafting your spirit at work: The way of the Shokunin
iro Ono is a famous Tokyo sushi chef who, at 89, has no intentions...
- Posted May 7, 2014
Listening to incense
When most Westerners think of incense, they envision lighting up thin, sparkler-length, pungent sticks...
- Posted January 1, 2014
Sento: the art of Japanese bathing
Photo © Elena Derevtsova Long before you could pop into a day spa...
- Posted October 24, 2010
What the kick! (A Karate class experience in Tokyo)
From a small Island in Canada, I am brought to Japan as an intern...
- Posted May 30, 2009